What are some similarities and differences in the way governments in Canada and the United States intervene in the market economies?
- Canada is mixed economy.
- Some resources are publicly owned and some are privately owned.
- Individuals and government both make decisions, and influence economic decision making. More social services such as health care, welfare, pension plans.. But at the cost of higher taxes.
- Canadian government has more funds.
- United States
- Resources privately owned.
- Individuals make decisions on how to use the resources.
- Individuals drive economic decision by choosing what they buy.
- Lower taxes.